Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Sign in to follow this  
Abdul Rehman

Brand Registry for both Vendor and Seller Central

TL:DR Can you be brand registered for a single brand as both a seller (seller central) and a vendor (vendor central)? If so, how do you manage that?

Apart from my own FBA biz, I am now working for a biz that is both a vendor (ie vendor central) and a seller (seller central) - sometimes they sell the same product on both the seller and vendor sides, but products are mostly on one side or the other. They sell their own private label brands as well as being a licensed "distributor" for a few international brands. Their overall buybox percentage sucks and they have no brands registered. So one of my first projects is getting as many brands registered as possible. I've read conflicting things about getting brand registered when you have a hybrid (vendor + seller) approach. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it possible to register a brand on both the vendor and seller sides? If so, would you be so kind as to provide directions?

• Like 1

This is interesting as this is the first time I've come across this situation. All I know is that once you migrate to seller central, that's it. Or could it be that they're still in the phase of transferring their inventory from vendor to seller central?

• Like 1

The hybrid/vendor seller approach is possible but really hard. The products can be on one side or the other because it's as if resources for both approaches are being pooled. Anyway, for me, the major issue with this kind of business model is the fact you will be forced to opt for merchant fulfilled delivery on most of your orders so you have to be prepared with your warehouse, teams, and all. This is expected as having this business model means you already have the retailers, warehouses, and everything, and you now have the capability of delivering the orders yourself instead of sending it to the Amazon warehouse first. You will handle the burden of logistics but at planned costs of warehouse storage, delivery, etc. I wish you more success in registering your brands.

• Like 1