Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Blenda

Do Search Terms (Keywords) Help Generate More Sales And Traffic?

Do you update the search terms (keywords) for each one of your products, and if yes does that impact the traffic directed to that product? 

In many e-commerce sites keywords / tags / search terms play a major role in whether a product will get exposure or not, however I'm not sure if it is the same case on Amazon. Is editing the tittle, bullet points and description enough to generate organic traffic and make my product seen, or maybe adding search terms will help the costumer to find my products quicker? 

I believe in the power of keywords because even I find it easier sometimes to look for a product that I want to order online because the product description used the same keyword that I search for which led me to their product page or even the blog posts. It's really helpful. Otherwise, I would be looking at similar product pages to take the chance of seeing the item I want to buy.

• Like 1

Yes, Keywords play's an important part in the Amazon search term, In amazon we use to make product listings that include Title, Bullet points & Descriptions with targeted keywords which help us to gain an organic and relevant search for the costumers. And it also helps us to rank our product by keywords.

• Like 1

You can also add the possibility of your amazon products being seen more if you have you optimize your keywords. Customers usually check related products on Amazon for whatever they want. That's why sometimes, even when our amazon market is not yet popular, we still get sales because our products are being suggested to a customer looking from another store. That's one way. Another is also by search engines suggesting the keywords that we put on the product page to potential customers looking for it. So if I search for a yoga mat on google instead of the Amazon website, chances are I will see in Google the sellers who have the best-optimized keywords for a yoga mat.

• Like 2

@Abdul Rehman @Yvony @KnowellB mind if I ask how do you optimize your keywords? Because there could be  keyword that explains my product perfectly, but it is very unlikely to be used, or costumers don't usually use it, or search by it. Is there any way or are there any tools I can use to help me determinate winning keywords? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blenda said:

@Abdul Rehman @Yvony @KnowellB mind if I ask how do you optimize your keywords? Because there could be  keyword that explains my product perfectly, but it is very unlikely to be used, or costumers don't usually use it, or search by it. Is there any way or are there any tools I can use to help me determinate winning keywords? 

Well, I use jungle scout, Helium 10 & Merchant Words to extract my keywords of a specific niche. Now if your costumers don't use your required keyword then you have to find the most frequently used keywords for that product or you can say most searchable keywords that relate your product.

• Like 1

Some customers are specific in their searches; others keep it very broad. If you want to get sales, your products need to appear in the search results for keywords relevant to your product.

• Like 1

Yes for SEO purposes, it is quite important. If I may suggest Helium 10 is a good place for keyword extraction as what I've heard. But personally I used the Google Keyword tool as I find it easier to use. https://backlinko.com/google-keyword-planner

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ma.Aprilette Sulib said:

Yes for SEO purposes, it is quite important. If I may suggest Helium 10 is a good place for keyword extraction as what I've heard. But personally I used the Google Keyword tool as I find it easier to use. https://backlinko.com/google-keyword-planner

Thank you for the article and suggestion! I find it quite helpful 🙂 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 8:55 PM, Blenda said:

We can start optimizing our keywords by laying the keywords or phrases that are gonna be used more likely by a potential customer. Then we integrate it into our product description to avoid keyword stuffing and potential customers will still see genuine content. You can also use Jungle Scout for keyword optimization and for researching new keywords that you can use. If in case you're still on a budget and you want to try it out first before getting paid services, you can also start by typing keywords or phrases using other free keyword research websites that will offer it to you. There's is also Google's Keyword Planner that you can use for free. The keyword planner is the successor of Google Adwords if I'm not mistaken and they're both used for discovering keywords as well as some statistics that of search volume for those keywords that are being done per month. Let's say I want to optimize the keywords of my product which is a yoga mat, I can just enter "yoga mat" in the Keyword Planner and it will show me other relevant keywords about it. Some of the results may look like "Yoga mat for beginners, cheapest yoga mat, Yoga mat for kids" etc. All of those spawned only when you typed in the words "yoga mat". Once done, you will then be given some statistics for the new keywords or phrases that you got. That's where you will know what keywords or phrases you should be using. You may see that result no. 1 has 1k searches per month and results from no. 2 only 50 searches per month. It's very useful because you will now know what keywords you should be focusing on. Now, you can get all the keywords available based on your initial research and just copy-paste all of them in your Amazon product description or article. That would definitely be easier because they're all included in your product description so whenever someone uses any of the keywords listed, they will be brought on your marketplace. It is easy but this is considered keyword stuffing and you shouldn't do this because you might get penalized in the search engines. Most websites would even allow you to use the same word multiple times because they know it will have an overall effect on the website. So instead of copy pasting all of they keywords, you only choose a few and include them into an article or product description so they won't look spammy. Imagine if you only have at least 2 keywords or phrases in your product page where each of them has 1 million search results per month. It would mean that you have a chance to have a traffic of 2 million people per month because you used the right keywords that those 2 million are searching for. A little more addition of some search engine optimization techniques and they won't just be able to find your products easily, you'd also be on top of the list of search engines.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, Yvony said:

We can start optimizing our keywords by laying the keywords or phrases that are gonna be used more likely by a potential customer. Then we integrate it into our product description to avoid keyword stuffing and potential customers will still see genuine content. You can also use Jungle Scout for keyword optimization and for researching new keywords that you can use. If in case you're still on a budget and you want to try it out first before getting paid services, you can also start by typing keywords or phrases using other free keyword research websites that will offer it to you. There's is also Google's Keyword Planner that you can use for free. The keyword planner is the successor of Google Adwords if I'm not mistaken and they're both used for discovering keywords as well as some statistics that of search volume for those keywords that are being done per month. Let's say I want to optimize the keywords of my product which is a yoga mat, I can just enter "yoga mat" in the Keyword Planner and it will show me other relevant keywords about it. Some of the results may look like "Yoga mat for beginners, cheapest yoga mat, Yoga mat for kids" etc. All of those spawned only when you typed in the words "yoga mat". Once done, you will then be given some statistics for the new keywords or phrases that you got. That's where you will know what keywords or phrases you should be using. You may see that result no. 1 has 1k searches per month and results from no. 2 only 50 searches per month. It's very useful because you will now know what keywords you should be focusing on. Now, you can get all the keywords available based on your initial research and just copy-paste all of them in your Amazon product description or article. That would definitely be easier because they're all included in your product description so whenever someone uses any of the keywords listed, they will be brought on your marketplace. It is easy but this is considered keyword stuffing and you shouldn't do this because you might get penalized in the search engines. Most websites would even allow you to use the same word multiple times because they know it will have an overall effect on the website. So instead of copy pasting all of they keywords, you only choose a few and include them into an article or product description so they won't look spammy. Imagine if you only have at least 2 keywords or phrases in your product page where each of them has 1 million search results per month. It would mean that you have a chance to have a traffic of 2 million people per month because you used the right keywords that those 2 million are searching for. A little more addition of some search engine optimization techniques and they won't just be able to find your products easily, you'd also be on top of the list of search engines.

This was extremely helpful! It gave me a new perspective on how to use keywords properly and how to find keywords. Thank you!!

On 6/2/2020 at 6:09 PM, Yvony said:

Informative ! Thanks mate.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon