Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Blenda

Is now a good time to start selling COVID-19 related products?

I've noticed that as well with Amazon's restricted products and this is what I found out about them. They made a list of restricted products but there's really no way for Amazon to single out each item that should be restricted in their marketplace. This is what's happening with those restricted products that are still being sold on Amazon including the Covid 19 related ones. Whatever product you want to sell on Amazon that is listed as restricted, you have to "ungate" them. I hope I'm using the term correctly. Amazon does have this kind of process of ungating certain products for sellers that went to the process. It seems it's how other sellers can sell restricted items such as the Covid 19 equipment like a mask, etc.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 1:57 AM, Yvony said:

I've noticed that as well with Amazon's restricted products and this is what I found out about them. They made a list of restricted products but there's really no way for Amazon to single out each item that should be restricted in their marketplace. This is what's happening with those restricted products that are still being sold on Amazon including the Covid 19 related ones. Whatever product you want to sell on Amazon that is listed as restricted, you have to "ungate" them. I hope I'm using the term correctly. Amazon does have this kind of process of ungating certain products for sellers that went to the process. It seems it's how other sellers can sell restricted items such as the Covid 19 equipment like a mask, etc.

Oh I see, makes sense. Thank you! 

Yep, most of the applications I found are applying a wholesale set of items. I guess this process can be tedious and takes time so other sellers would do it only once in a while with a large number of products. We may also need to scan the invoices of all the products that we're going to ungate on Amazon.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, Blenda said:

I see Covid 19 related products like face masks being sold on Amazon. I thought this is not allowed now. Is there a process to follow to be allowed to list these products for sale?

I think Amazon has lifted some restrictions or eased up on their policies on their sellers wanting to sell covid 19 related items such as masks as I just saw this article below.

https://www.mlive.com/life/2020/06/amazons-top-selling-face-masks-that-are-reusable-stay-safe-and-limit-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus.html

Sales are good for home made masks that are reusable because personally I think it will be a long time before covid 19 goes away, so I guess this is probably the best time to sell covid 19 related items on Amazon. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 10:16 PM, Blenda said:

I see Covid 19 related products like face masks being sold on Amazon. I thought this is not allowed now. Is there a process to follow to be allowed to list these products for sale?

It says Amazon is approving covid 19 supplies to be sold by its sellers but there are additional requirements for new listings since their items need to be vetted and approved by Amazon before they can sell it there.

More info on the link below.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/U5H4KPBMUFE6XHH

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 5:24 PM, Ma.Aprilette Sulib said:

I think Amazon has lifted some restrictions or eased up on their policies on their sellers wanting to sell covid 19 related items such as masks as I just saw this article below.

https://www.mlive.com/life/2020/06/amazons-top-selling-face-masks-that-are-reusable-stay-safe-and-limit-the-spread-of-the-coronavirus.html

Sales are good for home made masks that are reusable because personally I think it will be a long time before covid 19 goes away, so I guess this is probably the best time to sell covid 19 related items on Amazon. Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. Glad to see Amazon has fewer restrictions now in terms of selling masks and other COVID 19 related products. It was really hard before when the pandemic broke out because we can't go outside to buy our necessities and we can't order anything online because it's not allowed to be sold there. But I guess it's okay because they restricted the sale of COVID 19 products online to avoid abuse.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2020 at 11:38 AM, Ma.Aprilette Sulib said:

It says Amazon is approving covid 19 supplies to be sold by its sellers but there are additional requirements for new listings since their items need to be vetted and approved by Amazon before they can sell it there.

More info on the link below.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/U5H4KPBMUFE6XHH

Thank you for sharing this! This was very helpful 🙂

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon