Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Yvony

Do we need certifications for kitchen knives?

I have a new manufacturer of kitchen knives that seems to have a very good set that I also want to sell on Amazon. they're really something and I think a lot of customers are going to like it. I've seen other sellers suspended because of selling other types of knives so now I'm a bit worried if Amazon is also strict when it comes to kitchen knives. Or do we need some certification for this as well?

19 hours ago, Yvony said:

I have a new manufacturer of kitchen knives that seems to have a very good set that I also want to sell on Amazon. they're really something and I think a lot of customers are going to like it. I've seen other sellers suspended because of selling other types of knives so now I'm a bit worried if Amazon is also strict when it comes to kitchen knives. Or do we need some certification for this as well?

Amazon do have some policies regarding selling kitchen or chef's knives,
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/selling-chefs-knives/466671
This post might help you.

It's permitted. I guess The next challenge here is proving that what I'm selling is a kitchen knife by certain certifications so I can get approved easily on Amazon. Thanks for sharing this. There are lots of liabilities included in here that's very important for us to know.

19 hours ago, Yvony said:

It's permitted. I guess The next challenge here is proving that what I'm selling is a kitchen knife by certain certifications so I can get approved easily on Amazon. Thanks for sharing this. There are lots of liabilities included in here that's very important for us to know.

Yes, you need to provide certifications so that you get the approval by amazon.

Thanks. I've also read that we can sell certain knives even without any kind of certifications on Amazon. However, having our own FDA or NSF certification being mentioned in the description would most certainly bring us more sales if customers see us certified. A better choice than the rest who doesn't have any.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:41 AM, Yvony said:

Thanks. I've also read that we can sell certain knives even without any kind of certifications on Amazon. However, having our own FDA or NSF certification being mentioned in the description would most certainly bring us more sales if customers see us certified. A better choice than the rest who doesn't have any.

@Yvony Good point! A friend of mine who is also an Amazon seller plans to do the same but she did not know that a certification was needed for this item. I'm glad you brought up this topic as now she needs to tread lightly on whether to sell this item without some sort of certification as I understand that doing so can lead to buyer issues on the quality and would even cost getting an account suspended. So again thanks for discussing this. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon