Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Yvony

Why don't we repeat keywords in the product title or description?

Using long-tail keywords in the product title or description is very helpful in giving exposure to your product because it will get more chances of appearing in search results of potential Amazon customers. Searches may come from the Amazon website or other search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing. There's such a thing called "keyword stuffing" that search engines don't really like being seen on website pages. If ever they do, they penalize the page by not showing it to the top of search results. You may not believe it but a bulk of sales that we are also getting could be coming from search results of other search engines. These are people who don't know what Amazon is or just don't expect to see the product they're looking for in there that's why they're looking for it in Google etc. Those are potential sales that we could be losing if our product pages are not optimized correctly which includes the use of keyword stuffing. You see repeating the use of the same keywords, in terms of SEO, would really bounce your ranking to the top of searches, but since there is really no value in it, it's being penalized. So, as much as possible, just use the important keywords only once. We wouldn't want our products to be at the bottom of the search engines, so we might as well do it right. I try to check them myself from time to time by trying to search my products in other search engines. You can really see the competition there but as long as a post to my product is included on the 1st page of Google, that's fine with me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:47 AM, Yvony said:

Using long-tail keywords in the product title or description is very helpful in giving exposure to your product because it will get more chances of appearing in search results of potential Amazon customers. Searches may come from the Amazon website or other search engines such as Google, Yahoo, or Bing. There's such a thing called "keyword stuffing" that search engines don't really like being seen on website pages. If ever they do, they penalize the page by not showing it to the top of search results. You may not believe it but a bulk of sales that we are also getting could be coming from search results of other search engines. These are people who don't know what Amazon is or just don't expect to see the product they're looking for in there that's why they're looking for it in Google etc. Those are potential sales that we could be losing if our product pages are not optimized correctly which includes the use of keyword stuffing. You see repeating the use of the same keywords, in terms of SEO, would really bounce your ranking to the top of searches, but since there is really no value in it, it's being penalized. So, as much as possible, just use the important keywords only once. We wouldn't want our products to be at the bottom of the search engines, so we might as well do it right. I try to check them myself from time to time by trying to search my products in other search engines. You can really see the competition there but as long as a post to my product is included on the 1st page of Google, that's fine with me.

@Yvony I agree keyword stuffing does have penalties on Google and this is what most online business owners are trying to avoid. I try to be careful when writing articles using long tail keywords as keyword stuffing triggers Google to penalize my website. In cases where I use long tail keywords in my Amazon product descriptions I try to use it every 100 to 150 words before mentioning the keyword again.  Thanks for sharing this info.

• Like 1

Yes. There is abundance in Amazon traffic but let's not forget to abandon other possible sources of traffic. A sale is still a sale 🙂 Even sometimes feel that I should just a product that I want to buy on search engines and let it decide where can I buy it LOL. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon