Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Yvony

Do we have to put a canonical URL?

I believe the term for this in web designs is permalink. Yes, we should put it canonically as this improves our ranking in search engines on Amazon and Google. This was also explained by Google that pages, including our product pages on Amazon, that search engines sees pages that can be opened via multiple versions as duplicates. This tend to cause Google to choose which among them should be prioritized or just treat them all equally. 

On 6/25/2020 at 8:25 AM, Yvony said:

I believe the term for this in web designs is permalink. Yes, we should put it canonically as this improves our ranking in search engines on Amazon and Google. This was also explained by Google that pages, including our product pages on Amazon, that search engines sees pages that can be opened via multiple versions as duplicates. This tend to cause Google to choose which among them should be prioritized or just treat them all equally. 

@Yvony Great info, now I know how useful a canonical URL is!  But tell me, where do you suggest I put permalinks? Would this be more useful in articles on my blogs or do I have an option to use permalinks on product descriptions areas on Amazon? I understand that such urls will link back to my main website.. Is that right? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff. I look forward to your suggestions, thanks!

It's okay. For Amazon products, we have this option when we are creating a product page. It's the same with websites, when we create an article or a product page we'll have an option to change the permalink before publishing the post. It's really helpful because searches would make it more clear that the page should be on top of the searches and not the other duplicates.

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2020 at 8:05 AM, Yvony said:

It's okay. For Amazon products, we have this option when we are creating a product page. It's the same with websites, when we create an article or a product page we'll have an option to change the permalink before publishing the post. It's really helpful because searches would make it more clear that the page should be on top of the searches and not the other duplicates.

Thanks, I absolutely agree with you on that

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon