Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Yvony

Should we use $0.99 on the price?

It sounds like a sales deal alright but when people see the $0.99 price tags on the items, it gives them the perception that it's not the actual prices but a sales strategy to make it look like it's enticing people to see that it has a lesser price. Instead of putting this in my price tags, I always play with different numbers to avoid it looking like that and show the customers I am really displaying the actual price. Instead of $85.99 I would probably make it $85.68 or something. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2020 at 11:00 AM, Yvony said:

It sounds like a sales deal alright but when people see the $0.99 price tags on the items, it gives them the perception that it's not the actual prices but a sales strategy to make it look like it's enticing people to see that it has a lesser price. Instead of putting this in my price tags, I always play with different numbers to avoid it looking like that and show the customers I am really displaying the actual price. Instead of $85.99 I would probably make it $85.68 or something. 

@YvonyGee thanks, now I see your point, so you are trying to give the impression of a sale to entice them to buy the product. So this is a marketing or sales strategy that you have been using for quite some time now or did you just implement it lately? So, how did that work out for you? Are you getting more sales when you use this sales tactic? Hope you can share your personal journey on this.  Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon