Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Here are some cons of FBM:

1-Because you have limited involvement with Amazon, your products won’t be Prime-eligible. It’ll also be much harder to compete for a Buy Box. Not impossible, but very difficult.

2-Be careful of how you present shipping costs. The best method is to work it into the product price and advertise free shipping, but that’s not always possible. If not, present your buyer with several shipping options and costs.

3-You run the risk of buyers being turned off by longer delivery times unless you make addressing that a priority with whatever fulfillment method you choose.

• Thanks 1

On 6/26/2020 at 2:15 AM, Abdul Rehman said:

Here are some cons of FBM:

1-Because you have limited involvement with Amazon, your products won’t be Prime-eligible. It’ll also be much harder to compete for a Buy Box. Not impossible, but very difficult.

2-Be careful of how you present shipping costs. The best method is to work it into the product price and advertise free shipping, but that’s not always possible. If not, present your buyer with several shipping options and costs.

3-You run the risk of buyers being turned off by longer delivery times unless you make addressing that a priority with whatever fulfillment method you choose.

@Abdul Rehman  I see, yeah you do have a point there. So I think for beginners, FBA should be the way to go, then I guess as I move along and have enough funds to fulfill my orders myself as I think it needs manpower and more focus to run an FBM business as compared to an FBA business, then it's best to wait until I have a concise plan on how my FBM business would work should I choose to venture down that path. Thanks for sharing...This is so helpful.

• Like 1

It's really number 3 that can kill our business. It's the most common problem in FBA, longer delivery time. I don't know why people have very little consideration for this. Sometimes, even when an item has already been delivered with in the allotted time (5-7 days) they would insist that it should have been delivered on the 5th day. 😞

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 2:11 AM, Yvony said:

It's really number 3 that can kill our business. It's the most common problem in FBA, longer delivery time. I don't know why people have very little consideration for this. Sometimes, even when an item has already been delivered with in the allotted time (5-7 days) they would insist that it should have been delivered on the 5th day. 😞

I know right. I think this has to do with our lack of patience, but also with the need to hold / see / use the product we've already spent the money on asap. Which is why people are often less tolerant to delays. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon