Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Yvony

Do you take pictures of our products?

Yes, we do. It's always advised to invest in a photography kit for this and I agree. However, you would notice that the most important part of that kits is proper lightning, and drapes for the background. We can always be creative with those. Try getting photos of your product using sunlight, then use the natural background from any part of your house. You can even just do an overhead photography on your products if you want.

19 hours ago, Yvony said:

Yes, we do. It's always advised to invest in a photography kit for this and I agree. However, you would notice that the most important part of that kits is proper lightning, and drapes for the background. We can always be creative with those. Try getting photos of your product using sunlight, then use the natural background from any part of your house. You can even just do an overhead photography on your products if you want.

But I think doing it professionally, It attracts the customers more. And taking pictures from your own you have to be creative and not most of the people having a creative mind in terms of photography.

I would have them taken by a professional as well especially if we have a thousand products in our inventory. I always think about other Amazon sellers on a budget though and remind them that yes, there ways to use your own product photos and make them look professionally taken without hiring photographers to do it for you. Just like how it as for us on our first online products. Everything is "DIY". 😄

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Yvony said:

I would have them taken by a professional as well especially if we have a thousand products in our inventory. I always think about other Amazon sellers on a budget though and remind them that yes, there ways to use your own product photos and make them look professionally taken without hiring photographers to do it for you. Just like how it as for us on our first online products. Everything is "DIY". 😄

But you can see the difference between the professional photography and taking picture by your own.But yes if your budget is low and you are creative enough and having some graphical skill you might save some bucks.

5 hours ago, Abdul Rehman said:

But you can see the difference between the professional photography and taking picture by your own.

Yes, but with some help, people won't really be able to tell. This is my most favorite method of all since the guy didn't even use a white perspex sheet to do it. He just used a desk, white cloth (a bed sheet) that's not even ironed, a few lighting equipment (you can also do it beside a window for extra natural lighting), and a mobile phone to take the pictures. 

Once you have these tools that are usually available in our house, you can then look for and install the amazon seller app on your phone. Once installed login to your account. From the menu options, you can go to the product photo studio which is available on this app. From there, you can directly take photos of your products to be sold on your Amazon account. Once we have the shot, we can use the filters and other photo adjustments from the Amazon app itself. You'll just have to crop the photo of course on however you want it. Just by using your phone camera and this method, you can take pictures of Amazon products using the Amazon seller app to look just like the object on the thumbnail of the Youtube video below. He also shared the video for those sellers who are just beginning to explore and try to sell a few products on Amazon. You guys can try it too! You can also use the Amazon Seller App photo editing for other things that you want of course so it's really that fun and useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Yvony said:

Yes, but with some help, people won't really be able to tell. This is my most favorite method of all since the guy didn't even use a white perspex sheet to do it. He just used a desk, white cloth (a bed sheet) that's not even ironed, a few lighting equipment (you can also do it beside a window for extra natural lighting), and a mobile phone to take the pictures. 

Once you have these tools that are usually available in our house, you can then look for and install the amazon seller app on your phone. Once installed login to your account. From the menu options, you can go to the product photo studio which is available on this app. From there, you can directly take photos of your products to be sold on your Amazon account. Once we have the shot, we can use the filters and other photo adjustments from the Amazon app itself. You'll just have to crop the photo of course on however you want it. Just by using your phone camera and this method, you can take pictures of Amazon products using the Amazon seller app to look just like the object on the thumbnail of the Youtube video below. He also shared the video for those sellers who are just beginning to explore and try to sell a few products on Amazon. You guys can try it too! You can also use the Amazon Seller App photo editing for other things that you want of course so it's really that fun and useful.

Wow great video.. so glad you shared this.. Now I can start using these techniques and take photos of our products myself.  This will save me a lot of money. Great info!

17 hours ago, Yvony said:

Informative! Thank you for sharing the video.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon