Sign-up for Free to gain access to the AMZ Group Community Discussions & Articles

Joshua

Amazon Seller Return, Refund, Cancellations, and Claims

Hello sellers!

I would like to ask if there are any sellers out there who had a valuable experience during their return, refund, cancellation, and claim which is not written in any of Amazon guides? what was the experience like? can you explain the process you went through?  

16 hours ago, Joshua said:

Hello sellers!

I would like to ask if there are any sellers out there who had a valuable experience during their return, refund, cancellation, and claim which is not written in any of Amazon guides? what was the experience like? can you explain the process you went through?  

Well if you are selling on amazon it happens, We have returns like if costumer aren't available or changes there mind
Cancellation takes place in order they change there mind and don't want to order. 
But in refund costumer open a case with bad review thats not a good thing 🙂 amazon steps in and refund the amount . 

Yep, that's the sad part. Even with a refund the buyer can still leave a review on our product and who knows what kinds they'll give. Most probably a negative one and we won't be able to verify it at all. That why we all just have to do our best to keep the quality of our products. If a product is returned, it won't be delivered to our address. It will be delivered instead to Amazon warehouse where it came from at the time it was purchased by the customer online. They're the ones who will inspect the product, not us. So as long as you know you did a very good job in keeping the quality of your product, you'll still be at peace that the fault did not come from you when a customer leaves a negative review.

6 hours ago, Abdul Rehman said:

Well if you are selling on amazon it happens, We have returns like if costumer aren't available or changes there mind
Cancellation takes place in order they change there mind and don't want to order. 
But in refund costumer open a case with bad review thats not a good thing 🙂 amazon steps in and refund the amount . 

Thank you very much for your response.

1 hour ago, Yvony said:

Yep, that's the sad part. Even with a refund the buyer can still leave a review on our product and who knows what kinds they'll give. Most probably a negative one and we won't be able to verify it at all. That why we all just have to do our best to keep the quality of our products. If a product is returned, it won't be delivered to our address. It will be delivered instead to Amazon warehouse where it came from at the time it was purchased by the customer online. They're the ones who will inspect the product, not us. So as long as you know you did a very good job in keeping the quality of your product, you'll still be at peace that the fault did not come from you when a customer leaves a negative review.

oh wow! I didn't knew that at all. 

That is what I mean, sellers experience a lot of things that is not written in Amazon and it can only be resolved with guidance form co-sellers.

Thank you very much for you response, I am hoping for more inputs from others.

Just want to add another scenario that we're facing, I think this is the right thread. We have customers who didn't receive the product, or as they claimed, and are now asking for a refund. The hardest part of this is that if you're a new seller, the Amazon customer service will tell you that it's your responsibility. Actually, they will take the funds from your amazon account. If you don't have any, they will charge your credit card. Which is what happened to us. 

On 6/21/2020 at 7:58 AM, Yvony said:

Just want to add another scenario that we're facing, I think this is the right thread. We have customers who didn't receive the product, or as they claimed, and are now asking for a refund. The hardest part of this is that if you're a new seller, the Amazon customer service will tell you that it's your responsibility. Actually, they will take the funds from your amazon account. If you don't have any, they will charge your credit card. Which is what happened to us. 

@Yvony I am sorry to hear that! Well this has not yet happened to me. In most cases, of refund issues, its because of fulfillment or delivery issues on FBA orders on our products.  However like what @Abdul Rehman mentioned when a customer leaves a bad review like the FBA order that was damaged due to delivery and goes on our Amazon site to leave a bad review on  that order, so as suggested that kind of review can be removed by sending an email to Amazon customer support and state your reason that it was an FBA order and usually they will remove the feedback. Hope this helps.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Amz.Group

Online Community for Amazon Sellers, Vendors and Brands

Copyright Amz.Group 2020

Amazon is a registered trademark of Amazon Inc. AMZ.Group is not affiliated with Amazon